18/10/2016 - 'Next Update' - Framerates and Gearbits
We have narrowed down the elusive framerate issue: it occurs if your computer is using a 144Hz monitor and Vsync is On. This is due to a limitation of the engine.
If you are using a 144Hz monitor and notice framerate issues, you can try these options:
- Switch your monitor to 60Hz mode and set Vsync to On in the game menu
- Set Vsync to Off in the game menu
- Set Vsync to Alternate (may not work) in the game menu
To change your Vsync mode, from the main menu or pause menu go to Settings -> Vsync.
- fixed exploit which allowed the player to gather infinite gearbits
- note: because of the way saves are handled, you may see extra gearbits drop from bosses you have already defeated in a pre-patch save
- fixed issue where healthkits would be reset on death in co-op mode
- fixed issue where west boss body would be duplicated
- potential fix for endlessly looping spider walk sound
- added new vsync mode: 'Alternate'
To switch to the 'next_update' branch:
- Right click on Hyper Light Drifter in your Steam Library
- Click on "Properties"
- Click on the "BETAS" tab
- Click the drop down menu and select the 'next_update' branch
- Click the "close" button and your game should start updating immediately
If you notice any problems, please send an email to email@example.com detailing your issue, including your hardware specs and OS.
Once we're sure that the changes are stable, they will be moved into the main branch.
- Hyper Light Drifter NEWS - on Steam Community